bamboo treehouse

An informal blog version of my formal website. The intention is to add news and some insight into my ongoing predilection for bamboo and the hooch. With these raw materials and conceptual abode, I have evolved a paradigm for living lightly on this Earth. It is quite the adventure, so, why not share.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

bamboo bicycle panniers





















This is so cool. Bamboo panniers made so that the common grocery bag fits perfectly in each space provided. The whole pannier is easily attached and removed with bungee cords on the standard metal back rack. As you can see, I've can load some major loads. my record is $77 worth- including heavy stuff like a gallon of milk, and beer, of course.
I have launched a program to use my bicycle and bamboo panniers for all our grocery needs. No fossil fuels, and it is great sport. So efficient: loading, unloading, and the actual peddling from home, to store, to home. I live in the small town of Ashland- very bike friendly. I can take the bike path most of the way to our favorite grocery store- and it is mostly downhill for the loaded ride back.
I now employ re-usable canvas grocery bags, instead of the paper bags shown - even more eco-logical. Ultimately, I want to add a front set of bamboo panniers- for a four bagger. Stay tuned....

5 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger saturae said...

This is really awesome - I would love to see the plans on how to build this as well! :D

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are completely wonderful. Plans, or more detailed pics, PLEASE!!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bamboo Bicycles - Hand Made Bamboo Bike Frames - Made in Canada
A Strong, Beautiful, Lightweight alternative to your common bicycle. Bamboo and Hemp are changing the way we live and ride. We specialize in custom built Road, Mountain, and Cyclocross frames. Our bikes are handcrafted to fit You perfectly. Pre-built frames are also available. Made on Vancouver Island. Please Check out our website for more details.

http://www.EvolveBicycles.com

E: info@evolvebicycles.com

Thanks :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Milo said...

I would add front and back walls to those, and maybe expandable bamboo top flaps... quite spifty idea, much kudos.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

😍😍πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ’•πŸ’•β€οΈβ€οΈI love the ideal for your bicycleπŸš΄β€β™€οΈ I copy of your deal I made one and I made extra one for my front of my bike🚴😍😍πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ’•πŸ’•β€οΈβ€οΈ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home